Friday, January 22, 2010

Does Life Get Any Better???

January 21, 2010

Aum Amriteshwaryai Namah...

I went into Vallikavu today to pick up my gold pendant from the jeweller. I had 2 rings (22K gold) that I never wear and an amethyst bracelet that broke. I took these along with an enamel picture of Amma and had the jeweller make me a pendant out of these materials.

The outcome is so...amazingly gorgeous you can't even believe it. I got a really nice 22K gold necklace to wear it on as well and a bag of cashews to take up for Darshan today (before Amma leaves for Trivandrum).

I was one of the very last to go up for Darshan at about 5:30pm. I held the pendant and necklace in my right palm and Amma looked at it very intensely, placed Her finger on the picture and pushed the pendant into my palm forcefully. She then gave me Darshan and tightly squeezed me as She released me from Her embrace. She gave me the most beautiful smile and handed me my prasad and a small yellow banana. It was the sweetest banana I have ever eaten in my life and so totally satisfying!

I went back to my room at the end of Darshan and just basked in bliss that I had just experienced. Of course, I placed the necklace on right away and have not taken it off at all.

Amma is leaving for Trivandrum on Friday January 22, 2010 at some point. I have decided to stay at the Ashram and be in silence for awhile. I love the calmness and serenity of the Ashram when Amma is not here. When She is here at the Ashram, everyday is a festival and it gets a little exhausting.

The tour group left the Ashram at about 1:30pm and Amma followed in Her vehicle at about 5:00pm. The energy all day had already shifted before She left the compound. I was feeling even more bliss and calmness. I feel that I don't need to be around Her or in Her embrace all the time in order to be content and devoted to Her. This is a big lesson that takes time to internalize but I believe it is what She truly wants of Her devotees.

I will type more of my experiences of being in silence a little later. Amma is only gone from the Ashram over the weekend so it's only a few days of calm but that's good too!

Aum Amriteshwaryai Namah...

No comments:

Post a Comment