Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Full Day of Programs in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu

January 10, 2010

Aum Amriteshwaryai Namah...

First day of programs in Coimbatore...what a busy place. Watching Mother give Darshan here on Indian Tours really reminds me how good we have it in the US when Amma comes and offers Darshan there. People are being given all of a second or two at the most in Her arms and their prasad is being passed down the exit line to be handed to them (hopefully) at the middle or end of that exit line. What chaos!

I am having a great time despite the chaos. I am being reminded ALL the time of the gifts that Amma bestows on Her Western children. She keeps us very close to Her here in India and when She is in the West, She keeps Her Indian children close. Just being in Her presence here in India is Darshan enough. I don't know why there is a sense of entitlement when we get into the West. I do not have that experience while touring with Her here. Maybe this is a direct indication that I am growing and realizing that Amma is within me and therefore I am less "needy" for Her attention and to be in Her physical embrace as She is in my heart?!?!

I have been working on a special project with Bhavani Chechi and Sarala. Today has been a productive day in that regard! It's quite a huge project and one that has a lot of potential as well.

I got myself a mosquito net to take on the rest of tour with me since I was eaten alive last night by the mosquitos and as a result did not sleep well at all. I am really appreciative of David (my roommate at the Ashram from when I was here in February 2009). He accompanied me into the City to get the net and rope. We even had dinner at the Pearl Vegetarian Restaurant in Coimbatore. It was very good food and we got back in time for Bhajans.

After Bhajans, I had my first seva shift of serving the Western food. I like this seva but the Supervisor of this area is very disorganized so people were waiting to be served as we were not properly set up in time. She even got scolded by Jani.

I am now really ready for bed. Mother is giving Darshan right outside my room. The Bhajans are going on and I am very sleepy.

Will type more soon - I am sure.

Aum Amriteshwaryai Namah...

No comments:

Post a Comment