Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 2, 2010 - Varkalla Beach...

January 2, 2010

Aum Amriteshwaryai Namah...

Today Phillipe, Jason, Jim and I are leaving the Ashram for a couple of days to explore Varkalla Beach. I want to make sure that Jim gets to see more than just the Ashram while here in South India for the first time.

We left the Ashram at about 2:00pm (after lunch). Even the ride to Varkalla was an interesting experience. Since we rode the taxi from Kochin in the middle of the night/morning there was not a lot to be seen but this time it was the middle of the day and Jim could get a true sense of the chaos that exists on the streets of India. It is truly a skill to drive in India.

We got Varkalla by about 4:00 pm just in time to watch the sunset. We checked into a very quaint cottage and we all shared this cottage together. After checking in, we promptly went to the Cafe Del Mar to fill our stomaches as we were all very hungry by the time we arrived in Varkalla.

The two and a half days spent at the beach were fun for most. Jim got really sick as we were leaving the Ashram and then was fine again as we returned to the Ashram. He said to me "I think Amma didn't like the idea of me leaving the Ashram..."

I did a lot of small shopping for Jim and friends back home. I love bargaining on the Varkalla Cliff!


No comments:

Post a Comment